Wednesday 24 December 2014

HUNGRY HEARTS

HUNGRY HEARTS

Hello readers
Please I need advice urgently.

When I was sixteen I met and started dating Peter, Peter had just gotten admission into the university.  But we were world apart in that my family lived in one room while his lived in a duplex but he didn't seem to mind, he would take me out in his father's jeep to different places of fun. I was the envy of my friends.
Then I got pregnant. I didn't even notice because I was still getting my periods. It was one big Aunty in our compound that called me one day and asked me if I was pregnant. I said no and laughed it off. This aunty is one those girls that you are not sure of what they do but they always have money and they are always with different men. My mom hated her and so does other married women in the compound but the kids and teens loved her, she was generous and friendly so it was easy for me to talk to her. By the time she finished questioning me, she was convinced I was pregnant. She took me for a test and it came out positive. I wanted to die. I pleaded with her not to tell my mom. She agreed but also talked me off the idea of telling Peter. She said his parents would kill me. They will never allow their promising son to dump his education and marry me. She suggested abortion. So between me and her we aborted the baby without anyone knowing including my parents.
Peter got into school and somehow we drifted apart. I finished secondary and went to learn hair dressing.
So seven years later I have a big salon in a better part of the town. I was doing OK in my own level.
One day a girl walked in to do her hair. When she was done a guy came to pick her up and it was Peter. We were so surprised to see each other again. He began asking me out and we started dating again.
now we are engaged but I am dying of guilt. How can I tell him I once killed his baby. Knowing Peter and his sense of honor, I am afraid of what he would do if he finds out. I love him so much more now and very afraid to loose him but the guilt is killing me.
The truth I can keep it secret after all i don't know where aunty Joyce is. Still what if she comes back one day and decides to tell. Peter is beginning to notice my withdrawn attitude. How can I marry him with this guilt. I don't know what to do please help me.



The email for posting your is still  <amberfallstv@gmail.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment