Monday 8 December 2014

Hello everyone
Before I start, I want to say that you are a great writer Chioma but please Nma should not die o! It will be pure injustice if she does. The story When the heart knows has gotten me through some very rough part. Thank you.
A year ago I was in the university final year. I met a guy, Ayo, tall dark and handsome and pretty rich. He asked me out but I turned him down because there was no chemistry. Try as much as I could, I could only feel brotherly love for him. The attraction wasn't there for me.
But sometimes he would call me to hang out with him to a joint, fast food etc and I will go, sometime alone, sometimes with my girlfriends. Other times he would buy me gifts or give me money. Most times I am reluctant to accept cos I don't want him and have told him so countless times. I made sure I let him know how I feel. My friends encouraged me to accept his offerings since I have told him my mind and he is still offering. I am not perfect but I read a lot of romance novel so I was waiting for my true love, for that moment when time would stand still as our eyes meet. Anyway I accepted his gifts. Then we took a lot pictures together, in my hostel or when we hang out. We have become more or less friends.
Then I graduated and came back to Lagos and met my true love. We were so in love with each other. He wanted us to get married. There was no girl on earth happier than me.
One day he told me his brother in law was opening his house in Lekki and his whole family were coming. He wants to use the opportunity to introduce me to them.
So we went to Lekki, I was nervous but happy that my relationship was on the right track.
When we got to his sister's house, it turned out that Ayo is his brother. I was surprised, not frightened bcos my conscience was clear. I greeted him jovially and then told my boyfriend how I met him and everything.
Ayo told his brother that I was his ex girlfriend and lover one of his side chicks that was the way he put it. Of course my boyfriend asked me again and I told him the truth.
I didn't know what to do, couldn’t believe what was happening. Then their sister overheard them arguing, before I knew it, the whole family knew the story and I was labeled a slut. His sisters told me that I can't sleep with one brother and marry the other brother. His mother said it was abomination for a man to marry a woman who shared bed with his father or brother. When I tried to defend myself, I was told that since when did girls of this age start caring about attraction, all we need is money n gifts and hanging out to open our legs. The picture we took together said it all, I was Ayo's lover. His sister told me to leave her house.
I don't know  if you been helpless before my situation was helpless. My boyfriend believed his family over me. My boyfriend took my home. All the way From Lekki to magodo I tried to explain., he wouldn't just believe me. As we got closer to my house, I became more desperate and frustrated. I knew it was my last chance to convince him. I called my girlfriends to tell him the truth. They did and he told me, we were all birds of the same feather , of course we defend each other. I did all I could but he remained adamant.
 I should have known I was fighting a lost battle. When we got to my house, I decided to use my body to convince him, to remind him of the love we share. He took what I offered  and left.
I am so broken heart, I can't get over him or the injustice of it. I want him back please how do I convince him that I didn't sleep with his brother.

Please I need your advice



No comments:

Post a Comment