Saturday 6 December 2014

Hello Chioma! And fellow readers of this beautiful blog.
Before I tell you my story, I want to commend you Chioma on the story, When the heart knows. This blog has been a source of big inspiration and getaway for me during this trial.

My name is Lisa (not real name) 8 years ago I left secondary school, and I got a job as a nursery school teacher while I waited for jamb. Meanwhile I started dating my best friend's brother James. He was very handsome, ambitious and typical player. Girls flocked around him and he cheated on me often but I didn't complain because I was afraid to loose him. One day he told me he was leaving the country and asked me to move on with my life, Just like that he broke my heart. 
After a while I found consolation in the arms of James's friend Mike. And then I realized I never really loved James. I was so in love with Mike. He comes from a poor and neglectful parents. He is not as handsome, focused or as ambitious  as James but he was faithful, attentive and caring. It was a very happy time until I got pregnant.  
He asked me to keep the baby. We had a plan. A three year plan and we will get married. He had to make money, get a job. It was a beautiful plan. He was even there when we broke the news of my pregnancy to my parents. He stopped my mother from nearly killing me. 
At first he was truly focused on our plan but gradually I noticed that he was withdrawing. In other to make money, he joined a gang of 419 guys. I warned and warned but he refused to hear. Meanwhile no money was coming from him. I understood he didn't have. Things turned from bad to worse and he left town, changed phone number and only came to see me once in a while. 
When I put to bed, he didn't come and I didn't know how to contact him. He visited after two months, begging. I took him back because I love him. He didn't have money yet. But I persuaded him to learn a skill at least. He promised me he has changed. But after that visit. He came once in while with meaningless contribution toward our upkeep. I had to start working when my baby turned 3 months as nursery school teacher again. To say I suffered was an understatement. Yet I waited for him because I love and I want all my children to have one father. 
Two years later, a pastor newly transferred to my church picked interest me. He said he loves and wants to marry me. I refused because I believed Mike will come back. My parents and family put the pressure on me to marry the pastor.
So I traced Mike to the last known address only for the people there to say he left the country for Sierra Leone. Betrayed, dejected and broken hearted, I agreed to marry the pastor. He is good man and everything a woman would want in a man and I began making efforts to love him. A year later I had my introduction, still no word from Mike because I waited hopelessly for him to come home.

My wedding is set for this Christmas. Five weeks ago. Mike came back. On bended knees, but my wedding date is set. Some of the traditional rites has been done. 
He is rich now but I know that whatever he did to get the money is wrong yet my heart yearns for him. Sometimes in the guise of spending sometime with his son, I get to spend time with him and I know and feel at that moment that I still love him.
But the pastor has been there for me for the past five years, financially, emotionally and I have come to love him too. He accepted another man's son without blinking an eyelid.
Mike is asking me to call off my wedding and come to Sierra Lorne with him. We will get married and all 
I don't know what do, please I need advice please, my future depends on what you say today

Yours

Lisa

Please readers surprisingly I got this msg a few hours after my last post. She really need to hear ur advice. Plz don't be stingy with your comments. Remember this not fiction. This is real life. Help a sister in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment