Sunday 14 December 2014




AMBER ROMANCE

WHEN THE HEART KNOWS

CHAPTER THIRTY




Something must have woken Uche, because he looked around and saw his beloved wife trying to get up and wincing with pain.
“Are you out of your mind?” he asked crossing over to her and helping her back on the bed. “You have just been through a major trauma and surgery and you shouldn’t be sitting up.
Then the memory of what happened came flooding back to her. She shuddered with the thought of it, but Uche was here. How did she get here? She noticed then that she was in the hospital.
“What happened? She asked
“You don’t remember? He asked for a moment thinking it was better she didn’t.
“I mean how did I get here?”
He knew then that this was the time for the truth.
“I was at Eden Castle and couldn’t concentrate, I couldn’t stop thinking about you and what could have been, then I decided to come home and try one more time”
“You wanted a divorce, you were going to leave me” she said as if she couldn’t still believe it.
“You were unhappy, I saw you every time crying yourself to sleep. And it was like you couldn’t bear the thought of living with me”
“I cried because you wouldn’t give us another chance, I cried because you didn’t love me anymore”
“That was my mistake honey, I have loved you right from the first day I saw you but it took me a long time to realize it and a longer time to accept it and because of that I nearly lost you. Why do you think I forced you to marry me?”
“I don’t know”
“I saw that as the only way I could win you back, I reasoned that if we got married we would learn to trust and love each other again”
“Uche I accepted to marry you for that same reason too, I may not have realized it at that time. You know me, ten thousand fire spitting dragons would never have forced me to marry a man I didn’t love” and she was not going to waste any time again hedging or playing around. He was her life and love and her everything.
“I love you with all my heart” she told him with her heart in her eyes.
“I nearly lost you, when I think of what could have happened I…” the thought of it sent terror down his spine. “I love you; I never thought it was possible to love a woman the way I do you” he said “One more thing” Uche began “There was never anything between me and Angela and that day when you saw her…”
“I know honey, I believe you now”
What a fool she had been, she thought, if only she had believed him when he explained the scene with Angela. “Uche…” Nma began
 “ I have been stupid, I let my jealousy get the better of me and the love we shared but I love you, please give me one more chance to prove it” she waited for him to say something but when he didn’t show any reaction, she continued
“I’m sorry I didn’t believe you when you explained about Angela, I believe you now. I’m sorry I was selfish about your needs; I was so full of my jealousy for Angela to think straight. I’m sorry, please forgive me. I don’t know what else to do. I don’t want a divorce; I just want to be with you. When those mad women had me, all I prayed was for another chance to show you much I love you” she finished lamely
“No sweet heart, I am the one who should be apologizing, because I left you, if I didn’t come when I did, I…”
“I am alive” she smiled at him, God gave us another chance Uche”
“I love you, are you sure you want to stay married to me, because I am never going to let you go ever again, even if you cry out a whole ocean.”
“I don’t want you to ever let me go ever please”
“Why would I, when you beg so nicely”
He leaned forward and she wound his hand around his neck and drew her to him but he was careful because of her bandage, she kissed him, she didn’t realize how much she missed kissing him, she kissed him harder. Uche took control of the kissing and leaned down from the chair, kissing her with all the passion he had withheld for so long
“I love you, I missed you” Uche murmured
“I am so happy?” Nma said heaving a sigh smiling.
“How did you even decide to believe my own version of the story?”
“I decided that all the Angelas of this world didn’t worth loosing you over and your house keeper made a confession” she told him and she suddenly wanted to know what happened to the house keeper and daughter.
“What happened to Mrs. Ekpo and her daughter?”
“In police custody, they will be put away forever unless I have nothing with it. Incidentally Miss Gladys is also here in the hospital. She tried to stop her sister and got knocked out for it”
“Are you serious, now I believe appearances are deceptive?”
He remembered then, “Don’t you have news for me?”
She looked lost for a time, then it came to her, the doctor must have discovered her pregnancy” she smiled at him “Yes honey, we having a baby”
He gathered her in his hands and kissed her “I love you more than you can ever know”
“I love you and I won’t ever stop loving you” she said to him
“Better for you, because you are stuck with me forever whether you want it or not” he replied
“Alright Mr. Okoha I think you have got yourself a deal” she smiled at him “And it is a deal I am more than willing to make, do you know what I have been through these past weeks, I nearly stopped breathing”
“I hope we never have to go through this again” Uche said soberly
“I am not sure I will survive it again. We should be open with each other. I trust you no matter what I see again”
He looked at her and knew that only this woman possessed the exclusive power to hurt him and if that happened he would  never survive it. It was a frightening thought but yet he couldn’t stop offering her his heart and all he had. His life would never be the same again. He couldn’t believe it he set out to seduce her and ended up loving her.
“Say you love me” he demanded harshly after those frightening thoughts he had, he was entitled but he mellowed the harshness with his passion clouded voice as he kissed her forgetting for a while her surgery.
“I do love you so much” she replied
“Forever?”
“Yes! Yes! Forever” she echoed and meant it.



Dear readers,
It has been a wonderful experience sharing my passion for writing with you. I have learnt and have bee encouraged by your enthusiasm and comments. Some of you have grown from readers to friends. I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I will take a three weeks break and then we will start with a sequel to when the heart knows, a story for Chuck and Helen and of your all favorite character, Eva, Stanley, Amber, etc and of course Uche and Nma. We will look into their forever after.

But the blog won't be empty till then. We will be posting hungry hearts, relationship and lifestyle tips and of course 'how we met' this is where readers and others send the love story of how they met their partner with a romantic picture of the two of them. We will also have celeb interview periodically.

So subscribe to the blog and get your friends to do so. We are going have so much fun from now on.

Yours Ever

Chioma Onuoha



No comments:

Post a Comment